How to properly maintain electric dryer
Proper maintenance of your electric dryer can help it run efficiently and extend its lifespan. Here are few advices which will help you maintain your electric dryer:
1. Clean the lint filter: The lint filter should be cleaned after every use to prevent buildup of lint, which can cause the dryer to overheat and become a fire hazard.
2. Clean the vent duct: The vent duct should be cleaned at least once a year to prevent buildup of lint and other debris. A clogged vent duct can cause the dryer to overheat and increase drying time.
3. Check the drum and drum rollers: The drum and drum rollers should be checked periodically for signs of wear and tear. If the drum or rollers are damaged, they should be replaced to prevent further damage to the dryer.
4. Check the drive belt: The drive belt should be checked periodically for signs of wear and tear. If the belt is worn or cracked, it should be replaced to prevent the dryer from malfunctioning.
5. Check the heating element: The heating element should be checked periodically for signs of wear and tear. If the element is damaged, it should be replaced to prevent the dryer from overheating.
6. Clean the exterior: Wipe down the exterior of the dryer with a damp cloth to remove any dust or debris. Be sure to unplug the dryer before cleaning.
7. Use the correct settings: Use the correct settings for your clothes to ensure optimal drying and to prevent over-drying or under-drying.
8. Check the power cord: The power cord should be checked periodically for signs of wear and tear. If the cord is damaged, it should be replaced to prevent electrical hazards.
9. Use fabric softener sheets sparingly: Fabric softener sheets can leave a residue on the lint filter, which can reduce airflow and cause the dryer to overheat. Use them sparingly or consider using liquid fabric softener instead.
10. Don't overload the dryer: Overloading the dryer can cause it to run inefficiently and increase the risk of damage to the drum and other components.
11. Schedule regular maintenance: It's a good idea to have a professional technician perform maintenance on your electric dryer every year or two to ensure it is running efficiently and to catch any potential issues early.
By following these additional tips, you can ensure that your electric dryer runs efficiently and lasts as long as possible.